My favorite thing about her list is they are only things she can do independently. She doesn't include things like marriage, because that is dependent on someone else (though I do bend that rule a little...see #14 and #17). As I do things on this list I will un-bold/underline them! I think this is a beautiful way to enjoy one of the most exciting decades in a persons life. Life as a twenty-something is full of adventure, learning, growth and finding yourself. What better way to do that then make a list of things you want to do while you're young? So folks, here's to livin' while we're young!
1. Read the entire Bible
2. Live in New York City
3. Travel to Europe
4. Take a cooking class
5. Have a spa day with all the works
6. Go to an awards show
7. Spend the entire night on the beach and watch the sunrise
8. Go on a mission trip overseas
9. Live outside the US
10. Run a half marathon (...or walk it)
11. Take an improv class
12. Start a blog
13. Conquer a fear of mine (...probably surfing)
14. Be a mentor
15. Start and maintain a garden
16. Go to a Gavin DeGraw concert
17. Be a pen pal (a little old fashioned letter writing never hurt anyone)
18. Learn how to play the guitar
19. Splurge on one insanely expensive piece of clothing
20. Attend a Renaissance Festival
Also, this is an on-going list. I don't know everything I want to do in my twenties, right this very second. I hope to update this list often, and maybe even write new posts about the ones I check off!
Whether you are in your teens, twenties or fifties, I encourage you to make a list. Sometimes it is good to give yourself a deadline. And sometimes you just need a gentle reminder of things you have dreamed about doing and the challenge to actually do them.
So be a dreamer, I dare ya :)